Before Intravenous Sedation
If you are planning to undergo IV or Oral Sedation for your procedure, preparation on your part is required, and for your safety it is important that you read and follow these instructions carefully:
- Do not eat or drink anything (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to surgery.
- You must have a responsible adult bring you to the office, stay with you during the procedure, and drive you home.
- Please wear comfortable, loose fitting clothing and low-heeled shoes. Tops/shirts should have short sleeves that are easily drawn up above the elbow.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you currently take routine oral medications (high blood pressure, antibiotics, etc.), please do not skip a dose without first consulting the doctor. You may be able to take your medication with a small amount of water with the doctor’s permission.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Plan to rest for the remainder of the day.
- Do not plan to drive or operate machinery for 24 hours after surgery.
Our goal is to provide you with a safe, pleasant and effective anesthetic. In order to do this it is imperative that we have your full cooperation. Please feel free tocontact us with anyquestions concerning your surgery or anesthetic.